Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Learn to paint with online painting lessons

As long as I can remember I have been interested in painting. I have a so called "museumjaarkaart", that is a pas that gives me free access to a lot of museums here in Holland, and I use it a lot. Almost every week I visit at least one museum.

I am mainly interested in realistic paintings, especially the old masters like Rembrandt, Frans Hals, Ruysdael etc. Usually I have no interest in abstract paintings, although sometimes I like one or two.

I do not paint myself, I would like to, but I do not think I have any talent. Long time ago I did try, and what I produced was pretty childish. What my children produced at school when they were about 10 years old, looked better.

Maybe I should take up painting lessons , and try again, because being able to paint really good is one of my secret wishes. I am pretty sure I will not become a famous painter, but just to be able to paint something halfway decent would be great.

Check out this painting lesson



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
The featured painting for this post, do you know who painted it, and where one might see it?
Or maybe where its from?
Mads

mangoseed said...

The painter is Gabriel de Jongh (1913 - 2004), son of Tinus de Jongh, also a painter. This is one of his typical landscape paintings of South African Mountains with a homestead in the foreground.